Personal Tax Planning
Maximize your income and reduce your tax burden
Since personal tax rates are much higher than corporate tax rates, inadequate tax planning and missed deductions can reduce your net income and impact your personal wealth now and for years to come. If you require consultation and not tax preparation, please go to our MewCo tax consultants page for more details.
When you use our Vancouver-based accounting services, you can enjoy peace of mind, knowing that you can depend on the experience and expertise of a Vancouver-based chartered professional accountant to file your personal tax return and reduce your overall tax burden.
Some of the more common personal tax issues addressed include:
- Ensuring all qualified medical/attendant care/disability claims are made
- Ensuring maximum childcare expenses are deducted
- Proper disclosure of rental income
- Disposition of real estate properties
- Business returns for proprietors and business partners
- Prior year capital losses and business losses
- Capital gains exemption(s)
- Maximizing the principal residence exemption
- Tax considerations during divorce settlements
- Planned gifting to registered charities
- Transfer of assets to adult children